Welcome to Hemel Hempstead Quakers
For those unable to attend the physical meeting, the Zoom link is the usual one for Meeting for Worship:
Join Hemel Quakers Zoom Meeting (This is a recurring link)
Please note: this Zoom Meeting is password protected and the password has been circulated to all members and attenders.
Please contact us using the form if you would like to take part for the first time online.
Our Covid-19 Safety Guidelines for Attending Meeting for Worship
- Chairs are set 2 metres apart. Two people from the same household or social ‘bubble’ can sit together.
- Please wear a mask, except when giving ministry, to help with audibility.
- Please bring your own drink, if you wish, as the kitchen will not be in use.
- Books such as Quaker Faith and Practice and Advices & Queries will not be out in the hall. If you would like to use these, please bring your own copies.
- Windows and doors will be kept open for ventilation, please don’t close them.
- Do not attend meeting if you are sick or have any illness symptoms at all or you think you may have been exposed to Covid recently. Symptoms might include a new cough (i.e. not a long-standing condition), fever, shortness of breath, headache, muscle aches, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, new fatigue, runny nose, cold symptoms, congestion, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea.
- After the rise of the meeting will will greet each other with a wave, not a hand shake
- We will exit to the garden to spend time together
If you are planning to come to meeting for the first time, please contact us in advance, it will be immensely helpful.
Our restrictions are under review and we are taking soundings from Friends on how we can relax some restrictions while maintaining a safe and comfortable space for all.
What Do Quakers Say?
True religion leads to respect for the earth and all life upon it.
The Quaker Meeting House
1 The Alleys, St.Mary’s Road,
Hemel Hempstead HP2 5ZB