Welcome to Hemel Hempstead Quakers
COVID-19 UPDATE 7 May
Join Us for Meeting for Worship Online
We welcome anyone to join our 45 minute online worship sharing every Sunday at 7.30 pm. Please refer to our calendar for details. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
First time visitors are welcome but will be contacted by our assistant clerk before being admitted.
Covid-19 Safety Guidelines for Attending Meeting for Worship
We look forward to sharing Meeting for Worship again with as many Friends as possible, from August 9th.
Our new arrangements are designed to minimize the risk of Covid-19 infection
Please follow these guidelines closely
If you would like to attend:
- Meeting for Worship will be limited to 8 people from different households, so that everyone can sit 2 metres apart. One or two more may attend if they are from the same household/social ‘bubble’ and can therefore sit together.
- Because of the limited spaces, you will need to reserve a place in advance by contacting us.
Reservations for seats will be given based on factors such as: you are unable to join in internet-based meeting for worship; you have been very isolated during the lockdown. If places are oversubscribed, Elders and Overseers will decide who should be given priority that week, and some Friends may be asked to wait until the following week. Please contact Mermie by Tuesday before the Sunday meeting if at all possible, as Elders and Overseers will be drawing up a list of attendees mid-week, so they can confirm places with everyone in good time. You can still request a place after Tuesday, but it will depend on spare places still being available.
- Please bring your own drink, if you wish, as the kitchen will not be in use.
- Books such as Quaker Faith and Practice and Advices & Queries will not be out in the hall. f you would like to use these, please bring your own copies.
- Do not attend meeting if you are sick or have any illness symptoms at all or you think you may have been exposed to Covid recently. Symptoms might include a new cough (i.e. not a long-standing condition), fever, shortness of breath, headache, muscle aches, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, new fatigue, runny nose, “summer cold” symptoms, congestion, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea.
What Do Quakers Say?
True religion leads to respect for the earth and all life upon it.
The Quaker Meeting House
1 The Alleys, St.Mary’s Road,
Hemel Hempstead HP2 5ZB